You need to:
- move more,
- change how many times you eat during the day,
- the quality of the food you eat,
- build up your self esteem.
Forget about skipping breakfast or other meals because you are too busy or you ate too much on a previous meal. Make time - plan ahead...
If you skip meals this will actually SLOW your metabolism which will result in your body not burning it up as it normally does - it will simply store it as fat. It is a primitive response by the body for survival- when it does not receive regular meals it thinks that we will not be eating for a while and so stores the food as reserves in the body instead of burning it and using it.
- Ok, start by reducing the size of your breakfast, lunch & dinner serves- try to have a plate in the following proportions try this:1/2 your plate as water vegetables (salad,spinach,broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, asparagus, onion, carrot), 1/4 your plate as meat & 1/4 as carbohydrate (bread, rice, potato). eat as many water vegetables as you can at these meals - as these fill you up and keep you from feeling hungry.
- Eat fruit, yogurt, vegetables, crackers, nuts, or milk at morning tea, afternoon tea & supper.
Choose the best exercise program for you...or as i like to think about it...MOVE MORE!!! Have you started moving yet? Did you move more today than you did yesterday. Good on you!!
- Is there any sort of exercise that appeals to you- as exercise works hand in hand with boosting your metabolism - try walking, water aerobics, pilates, yoga, running club, riding a bike, take the stairs instead of the lift, park further away from the mall door, whatever gets you to move more than you did yesterday!