Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

5 Key Elements to Successful Weight Loss

This is the secret to successful weight loss.....You must eat less calories than your body uses!  It’s as simple as that….but this is not easy or instant!!



I have found that there must be 5 key elements in any weight loss plan, whether you use supplements, gyms, pills or diet:
  1. Drink water
  2. Activity
  3. Food
  4. Mind set
  5. Support
1. Drink water


You must always drink water- now in the beginning of my weight loss journey I found this the most difficult thing to do as water is not my favorite drink.  Especially when you are advised to drink 8 glasses a day - I was struggling with that amount of water, however i have been drinking that now for 9 months and now i find it easy and in fact my body tells me i'm thirsty.  I now find water very refreshing and energy providing.  
The way i did this was to trick myself in the beginning and only drink 4 glasses of water a day (but the glasses i used where twice the size).  It is so much easier to drink 4 glasses a day- i mean you break it down to 2 in the morning and 2 at night.
2. Activity- or "move more" as i call it, this simply means move more than you did yesterday.  If you are a gym junkie- good on you.  
But if you are not, try it simple at first- don't worry you will eventually want to exercise - you will feel better about yourself and it will be easier.  But at the beginning this is difficult if you are not used to exercising.
(I was always a person that said that “I was allergic to exercise” – as a joke of course.  But at the end of tiring day at work, attending to the family, children, spouse- there really was little to no interest in exercising.) 
So to start why not try to just walk or take the dog for a walk, or maybe invest in the zumba fitness craze, or maybe check out your local gym to see if they have something that interests you.  
One of your new goals should be to move everyday,  get yourself a pedometer and make sure you know how many steps (or miles you are walking a day)



 * I will post about 
3. Food, 
4. Mind set &
5. Support tomorrow.

Until then, have a great time with your Family & Friends and enjoy yourself!


Need to have a positive mindset and believe in yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment